Jay came back from his morning walk with Heidi, and just like a kid, he brought in a little friend....a turtle that he and the boys have lovingly named "Chip" due to the chip in his shell. Jay found him on the side of the road. We will keep him for a little while and let the boys research and learn about him, and then let him go....hopefully we don't end up killing him. I suspect the "creatures" are only going to get more interesting as the spring and summer months near. Especially excited about the Water Moccasins and Copperhead snakes that we've been warned about....um, check please. I will take an occasional sighting of a black bear in Alaska over a venomous snake ANY day....
thats as close as Scotty will get to it - he is just like his mother
Zac would sleep with it if we let him
Chip's fortress
.jpg)



2 comments:
I hope Chip is still alive! Love hearing about your everyday adventures. I need to come up with something new to write about. Maybe I should write about how I prayed about finding a martial arts class for James and riding lessons for Cori and I actually found lessons for both kids in town and I don't have to drive an hour, like I thought I would. I often complain about how busy we are, but God has just blessed me to overflowing and I'm so ungrateful sometimes! Even if I have to pick up and drop off kids every evening, I should be grateful for the hard working, kind, loving and active kids they are. Besides, if we stay home they just want to watch movies and play games anyway.
Annie, just write about whatever! Doesn't matter what its about. Guaranteed if you write it, we will read it :) You are due for an update!
Post a Comment