Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Progress Report


Just wanted to post this report from Scotty's teacher.  He is such a good student already and it makes me so happy!  Hope he never loses that zest for learning.  Reading was never my favorite subject, I'm just not one to pick up a book and read much.  But I have read to Scotty as often as possible, since before he was even born because I wanted to try to ensure he had a little bit more love for books, and for school in general, than I did.  It helps that Jay is pretty brilliant and I think he takes after that part of Jay that picks up things easily.  Scotty now reads to me and gets disappointed if he has to stop after only one chapter before bedtime.  He is one of the top readers in his grade and that makes me happier to hear than if he had been MVP in football.  We parents sometimes strive to make sure our kids have everything we feel we didn't have at their age...whether it be toys, clothes, activities.  Mine has always been to ensure my kids are better students than I ever was.  I hope this is an indication of how Scotty is going to do for the rest of his academic endeavors.  I see the influence he is having over both his brothers, too, they know when its storytime and they sit and look at books while Scotty reads to all of us.  It is one of my favorite times of the day.

teacher comments


As all parents should keep in mind, myself especially, the truest tests will come much later in his schooling...and whether he is first or last in his class, they will all eventually cross the finish line.  This is just first grade, but it sets the tone and for now I am going to fully appreciate it.  This report to me isn't just about his reading and writing, it shows how he has handled this transition into a new school, new class, new teacher better than I could've hoped.  He is a great kid and we are blessed.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Great job, Scotty! Keep up the good work and your good attitude is key. You have both and will do well. We love you! God bless! -Normandeau's