My Christmas present was a trip back to Washington for my brother's 40th birthday celebrations. Nik told me even before we moved that she was planning a surprise party for him (his actual birthday is the 12th) and hoped that I could make the trip back. Especially after everything my bro and I have been thru in the past year, I needed to be there for him and there's no way I could miss it. I knew it was going to be a quick trip and I knew it would just be me, sans children and Jay. Fortunately, Jays mom came to Virginia two days before I left for my trip and she was able to help with the boys while I was gone.
I arrived Seattle late Thursday night after a 5.5 hour nonstop flight and from that moment on, the weekend was go go go! We went out dancing with a big group of Scott & Nik's friends the next evening. The big casino nearby had a band called Rhythm Nation and they were great, played top 40 and even reached back into the 80s with some of their songs...my brother and I were laughing at the fact that they played Morris Day and The Time's Jungle Love and we were doing the silly bird dance. We were out on the dance floor like it was 1984!! So funny....but that is my brother and I. Anyone that knows us both is not surprised by this.
Sisters
The wild and crazy group
Saturday night was the big surprise party. Scott knew Nik was planning something but had no idea what it was or who was involved. He was just told to show up at a certain time. Nik hosted the party at this place called "My Girl Dive In"....a museum of 50s memorabilia, anything from vintage cars to magazines to jukeboxes to plates and cups. It would take a whole day to really tour around the place and see all there is. It is amazing and so very cool. The owner will rent the place out as a great venue for a party, so that is what Nik did and it was a success.
The Diner
Part of the museum
Another part of the museum
Our friend, Jeff's son - "James Dean" Michael and Me
Hula Hoop contest with my Pink Lady niece Max
Hula Hoop for the men, too
Costume contest...
Nik's mom Dianne won (not pictured), she was very authentic,"vintage chic"
Dancing with my bro
Scott dancing with his girls
Scott dancing alone
(actually, I think he was doing the entire Billie Jean dance, moon walk and all...)
Whats a party without the Macarena?
Nik and Scott
The sis and me
Whats a 50s themed party without the Do-Wop couples tunnel dance?
And of course, its not a real party without karaoke!
(Nieces singing Hit Me Baby One More Time)
And what's a 40th birthday without a few gag gifts?
Whenever there's a stage and a microphone, I am like a moth to a flame...
I can't help myself!
The weekend was crazy busy and my four day vacation went way too fast, but it was so worth it. The party was a success and Nik did an awesome job planning, I think everyone had a great time and Scott was floored. I missed my boys, but there really was no other place I would've rather been than celebrating with my brother. I was in stitches the entire weekend, no one can make me laugh like he does...we have always been each other's best audience. And him being married to my best girlfriend makes the time together even more fun...The Three Amigos. Thanks for a great time guys, the memories made will never be forgotten. I love you all!







No comments:
Post a Comment